Friday, December 2, 2011

See You at CF (Chocolate Fire, That Is)

Finally!  After months of salivating over blog entries I've read about this place, I have finally found myself within the vicinity of Chocolate Fire!

Chocolate Fire

My apologies as I do not have a photo of the interiors since they have a very strict "no picture taking" policy. Except when the food arrives at your table, then you're basically free to do with it whatever you wish.  J

Anyway, here's what I did have:

Pesto Roma (Php280)

Pesto Roma

A pasta dish composed of basil, pine nuts, garlic and tomato, among other good stuff.  It's a very different take on the popular pesto dish.  In a word... yum! 

I've always loved basil (quite evident with the growing bush of it that we have in the yard) and the pairing with tomatoes is simply enjoyable.

You're also given a choice of whether to add chicken or tuna, but personally, this dish is good enough as it is.  Also comes with a nice, thick slice of crusty bread and parmesan cheese!  Heaven!  J

Parmesan cheese and bread

Hot Chocolate (Php120 for a standard cup)

Chocolate Fire is known for their unique chocolate creations (ever heard of sour cream-flavored pringles dipped in chocolate?) 

I could have gone that route and sampled a number of their solid cocoa creations, but I was feeling a tad low and nothing peaks my spirits faster than a hot, steaming cup of chocolate.

Hot chocolate.  Hmmm...

Their hot chocolate is personalized to fit your preferences.  Mine is dark chocolate (of course) with a dash of cinnamon sprinkled with cocoa shavings.  Hmmmm...  I swear I stayed an extra 30 minutes since I was savouring this to the last drop.  Delicious!  Definitely made my day.

Thank you, CF!  Hope to see you again soon!

***

Chocolare Fire
PDCP Bank Centre, Corner Leviste and Rufino Sts.
Salcedo Village 1227 Makati City
Philippines
E     info@chocolatefire.com
FB  http://www.facebook.com/ChocolateFireLive#!/

7 comments:

  1. I miss chocolate fire's truffles with the melts in your mouth goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hot chocolate looks so comforting and yummy! :) If only Chocolate Fire isn't located far from my place, I'd head over there now.. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! chocolate fire! we're also drooling over it for quite some time now.. :p too bad that they have no picture taking policy.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. first time to hear "no picture taking policy".

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Berylle Kaye HongI'm definitely going back for those. =)

    @Sumi Go: Agree. It is an experience. =)

    @MarLiesTravels and michi: Yes, there are quite strict about that. As do a lot of restos. That's why I ask permission first before snapping away. Kakahiya kasi kung mapagalitan. Hehehe! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cup of hot chocolate looks delicious indeed!

    Mukhang Chocolate Fire talaga hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @eccentricerrant: They have options to add chili too. =)

    ReplyDelete

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...